PhysioMimix™ OOC is a commercial lab-benchtop microphysiological system (also known as Organ-on-Chip) which puts the cell culture environment under your control.
5 Minute Guide to Human Organ-on-Chip Studies
Cells, Tissues, Organs and Multi-Organ Experiments
PhysioMimix Organ-on-Chip allows you to model human biology in the lab.
As a microphysiological system, it can be used to culture healthy or diseased tissue models, study multi-organ interactions and investigate ADME and toxicity.
Current techniques fail to provide this quick, accurate, human-centred data:
- Standard 2D cell culture delivers data on only one cell type, failing to provide insights into the complex, multifaceted interactions that take place in a living multi-organ system.
- Animal models are slow and expensive, and require researchers to extrapolate predictions from non-human to human results. Many disease states are extremely difficult or impossible to recapitulate in animal models.
PhysioMimix™ OOC provides your team with detailed data, allowing you to accurately predict human responses to new therapeutic candidates and compounds.
Modelling Human Physiology
The most human-relevant studies will:
- be based on live human cells
- use 3D tissue of each of the body’s critical organs
- allow multi-organ studies
- model blood flow and interaction between organs
- model the human immune system
Microfluidics in Your Lab
With PhysioMimix™ OOC, you can set up a compact, easy-to-use microphysiological system (MPS) for cell culture in your own lab.
Each MPS consumable plate is fluidically isolated from the other plates connected to the same Controller. Up to six MPS plates can be used to run multiple independent experiments simultaneously.
PhysioMimix™ OOC is
- Lab Benchtop Ready – portable and compact
- Quick set up – in less than an hour
- Compatible with existing equipment – no additional purchases necessary
- Open-well plates – Users can seed, culture and analyse cells in-house
- Real-time monitoring – remove samples for analysis, experiments continue to run
- “Set-and-Run” Perfusion – long-term automated experiments with minimal user input.
- Compatible with a wide range of tissues and cells – e.g.: off-the-shelf pre-formed tissues or stem cells
- “Body-on-a-Chip” concurrent assays – link two or more tissue systems using microfluidics, reveal how multiple organs interact and respond to stimuli
- Approved by regulatory compliance organisations – in compliance with regulatory safety standards in the EU (CE Mark), Switzerland, Australia, the US and Canada
Get started with PhysioMimix™ OOC
1. GETTING STARTED
Install the PhysioMimix™ OOC System easily in your own lab – you can be ready to start with human-organ based studies in less than an hour.
To begin your Organs-on-Chip cultures, dock the MPS multiwell plate onto the device’s base unit. Prime with cell culture media, and seed with cells.
PhysioMimix™ OOC is compatible with standard cell culture incubators. Flow rates can be programmed to enable long-term experiments.
4. MULTI-ORGAN ANALYSIS
Set up either single- or multi-organ experiments. Select different cell types and different combinations and run these experiments simultaneously.
The PhysioMimix™ OOC MPS plates’ open-well design allows easy access to cells and media for dosing, sampling and analysis.
Use the data from your PhysioMimix™ OOC experiments to help you understand and predict the response of human cells to drugs, additives, cosmetics.
COMPANY HEAD OFFICE INFORMATION:
332 Cambridge Science Park
+44 (0) 1223 737941
FOR PRODUCT, SERVICES AND MARKETING ENQUIRIES:
+44 (0) 1223 737941
CN BIO INNOVATIONS LIMITED REGISTERED OFFICE:
30 Upper High Street, Thame,
Oxfordshire, OX9 3EZ.
Registered No. 06517359.
VAT No. 978184563