Available in Single- and NEW Multi-Organ versions, the PhysioMimix™ OOC is a commercial lab-benchtop Microphysiological System (also known as Organ-on-a-Chip) that transforms the way human-relevant preclinical data is generated.
Preclinical drug development urgently requires innovative models to reliably assess drug effects
The PhysioMimix OOC Single and Multi-Organ Microphysiological Systems (MPS) allow researchers to recreate an environment that more accurately represents the human body in the laboratory to generate translationally relevant pre-clinical data.
By improving the in vivo predictivity of in vitro data, PhysioMimix helps drug discovery companies to develop safe and efficacious therapeutics, faster and more cost effectively, whilst reducing the dependence on animal usage.
A simple solution for modelling complex human physiology
PhysioMimix Single-organ already combines:
- The ability to generate advanced, human in vitro 3D models which faithfully recapitulate the phenotype and function of cells in vivo.
- A useable format that scientists are familiar with to remove adoption barriers
It can be used to culture healthy or diseased tissue models, identify and validate drug targets, study multi-organ interactions, and/or investigate drug efficacy, ADME, pharmacokinetics and toxicity.
Watch this space. New Multi-Organ PhysioMimix animation coming soon!
The limitations of current techniques
- Standard 2D cell culture fails to provide insights to the complex, multifaceted interactions taking place in a living body
- Animal models are slow, expensive and require cross-species translation to extrapolate prediction to humans
- For testing new human-specific modalities, animal models are less suitable due to gene sequence, or immunological response differences versus humans
Human-relevant data generated by the PhysioMimix OOC complements that derived using entrenched 2D cell culture and animal studies to support more confident decision making across many drug discovery stages from target discovery right through to preclinical development.
What’s needed to accurately model and measure human physiology
PhysioMimix™ OOC enables
- The co-culturing of human cells to faithfully recreate human tissues
- Perfused scaffolds to promote 3D organ model formation
- Recirculating fluidic flow delivering biomechanical stimulus, oxygen and nutrients
- Adjustable inter- and intra- “organ-specific” flow rates to enhance physiological relevance
- Viability, function and phenotype to be maintained over many weeks
- Deep mechanistic insights via large sampling volume (up to 1 ml) and individual microtissue analysis
The importance of microfluidic flow
WEBINAR: The Rhythm of Life
Using Microfluidics To Mimic Blood Flow in Single- and Multi-Organ-on-a-Chip Models. Join Dr Graham Broder, Associate Director Engineering and Alysha Bray, Scientist at CN Bio.
PhysioMimix Single-Organ OOC System
PhysioMimix Multi-Organ OOC System
Enables the creation of in vitro 3D single-organ models to provide fast, accurate and clinically translatable human data.
Using the MPS-LC12 consumable plate, researchers can generate in vitro 3D liver microtissues that mimic the human liver microarchitecture.
With the MPS-T12 consumable plate, PhysioMimix single-organ allows scientists to develop barrier models (such as gut or lung) on Transwell® inserts.
Providing additional functionality, the multi-organ system enables scientists to reliably and easily interconnect our liver-on-a-chip model with other organs, such as gut, lung or kidney. By mimicking how organs interact and communicate as part of a complex system, researchers benefit from a deeper human-specific mechanistic understanding of disease states and drug behaviour.
This capability is facilitated by the MPS-TL6 consumable plate whose novel microfluidics enable recirculation of media from one culture compartment to the other to permit inter-organ crosstalk. When combined with PBPK mathematical modelling, in vitro data may be extrapolated to in vivo clinical predictions.
Safety / Toxicology
PhysioMimix™ OOC is
- Lab Benchtop Ready – portable and compact
- Quick to set up – in less than an hour
- User friendly to operate – less than 1 minute to program and start a run
- Compatible with existing equipment – no additional purchases necessary
- Open-well plates – To support users with an easy transition from 2D into 3D culture
- Real-time monitoring – remove samples for analysis, experiments continue to run
- “Set-and-Run” Perfusion – long-term automated experiments with minimal user input.
- Compatible with a wide range of tissues and cells – e.g.: off-the-shelf pre-formed tissues or stem cells
- NEW: Multi-Organ compatible – link two or more tissue systems using microfluidics, reveal how multiple organs interact and respond to stimuli
Getting started with PhysioMimix™ OOC is easy!
1. GETTING STARTED
Install the PhysioMimix™ OOC System easily in your own lab – you can be ready to start with human-organ based studies in less than an hour.
To begin your Organs-on-Chip cultures, dock the MPS multiwell plate onto the device’s base unit. Prime with cell culture media, and seed with cells.
PhysioMimix™ OOC is compatible with standard cell culture incubators. Flow rates can be programmed to enable long-term experiments.
4. MULTI-ORGAN ANALYSIS
Set up either single- or multi-organ experiments. Select different cell types and different combinations and run these experiments simultaneously.
The PhysioMimix™ OOC MPS plates’ open-well design allows easy access to cells and media for dosing, sampling and analysis.
Use the data from your PhysioMimix™ OOC experiments to help you understand and predict the response of human cells to drugs, additives, cosmetics.
COMPANY HEAD OFFICE INFORMATION:
332 Cambridge Science Park
+44 (0) 1223 737941
FOR PRODUCT, SERVICES AND MARKETING ENQUIRIES:
+44 (0) 1223 737941
CN BIO INNOVATIONS LIMITED REGISTERED OFFICE:
30 Upper High Street, Thame,
Oxfordshire, OX9 3EZ.
Registered No. 06517359.
VAT No. 978184563