Sales & Business Development Manager
Location: North America East
- At the direction of the Head of Sales US, the Sales & BD Manager East Coast will be responsible for sales of instrumentation, consumables, and service projects to clients in the eastern part of North America (including Canada & Latin/South America).
- As the first hire in the region, CN Bio are looking for an individual who will be a true ambassador and enjoys getting involved with different aspects of the sales process including speaking at events, demonstrating equipment and carrying out presentations.
- Work directly with UK-based CN Bio scientific team to generate service proposals for US clients.
- Support UK-based CN Bio project managers to present on PhysioMimix™ OOC platform & NASH/NAFLD/TOX/DMPK Services to US clients.
- Work with the US Field Application Scientists to arrange training and technical support for clients.
- Lead CN Bio instrument demonstrations and customer engagement at company events, such as conferences, tradeshows, webinars etc.
- Engaging with and converting leads developed by digital marketing led campaigns.
- Travel required in North America east coast to visit clients for client meetings (COVID-compliance) and for conferences, trade shows etc. Travel to UK for company meetings as required.
- This position requires the candidate to be comfortable with and effective in working out of a home-based office. Frequent domestic and some international travel (50-75%), mostly via car and commercial aircraft, is required to visit clients, conferences, etc. Occasional lifting of office and/or laboratory equipment up to 40 lbs.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- MSc in biological life sciences, ideally with experience with complex cell-based models (PhD and/or MBA preferable.)
- 5+ years’ experience in high value consultative sales.
- Strong track record of developing a sales territory with a demonstrated impact on sales performance in the territory.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills. Ability to close business in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills. Confident and able to engage at C-suite level, VP, Director, Lab Manager and Scientist level.
Preferred Skills & Attributes:
- Contacts within the fields of Complex Human Disease Modelling, Phenotypic Screening, ADME, Tox and Safety in Pharma and Biotech settings.
- Ability to generate business leads de novo from personal contacts etc.
- IT and software literate with a strong analytical and problem-solving skillset.
- Ability to manage CRM database and be responsible for opportunity pipeline in the Sales territory.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic and flexible to respond in an evolving organization.
- Salary: $125-140K (dependent on experience)
- Up to 30% uncapped commission
- + Stock Options
- + Benefits Package
We are a close-knit team of passionate scientists, engineers and creative thinkers, all working together towards our shared goal – a future where drugs are discovered more quickly, brought to patients more cost-effectively and through the use of less animal experimentation.
Day to day our cohesive teams design, manufacture, promote and support organ-on-a-chip solutions that enable our customers to do something incredible – recreate three-dimensional human organs and tissues in the laboratory to better understand human physiology, disease and the effectiveness of new drugs.
If you are thinking of joining us, our values define who we are, describe our culture and shape what we aspire to be. They can be found here https://cn-bio.com/careers/#values
Apply for role
Email anonymised CV with covering letter (i.e. removing name and gender to ensure fair selection) to:
As an EOE employer, CN Bio will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.