Sales & BD Director
- At the direction of the Head of Global Sales, the candidate will be responsible for sales of instrumentation, consumables, and service projects to clients in the EU and ROW territories.
- CN Bio are looking for an individual who will be a true ambassador and enjoys getting involved with different aspects of the sales process including speaking at events, demoing equipment, and making presentations.
- Work directly with UK-based CN Bio scientific team to generate service proposals for clients.
- Support UK-based CN Bio project managers to present on PMX-OOC platform & NASH/NAFLD/TOX/DMPK Services to clients.
- Work with the Field Application Scientists to arrange training and technical support for clients.
- Lead CN Bio instrument demonstrations and customer engagement at company events, such as conferences, tradeshows, webinars etc.
- Engaging with and converting leads developed by digital marketing led campaigns.
- Travel required in UK and EU to visit clients for client meetings (COVID-compliance) and for conferences, trade shows etc. Travel for company meetings as required.
- This position requires the candidate to be comfortable with and effective in working out of a home-based office. Frequent domestic and some international travel (50-75%), mostly via car and commercial aircraft, is required to visit clients, conferences etc. Occasional lifting of office and/or laboratory equipment up to 40 lbs.
Capabilities & Behaviours
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills. Confident and able to engage at C-suite level, VP, Director, Lab Manager and Scientist level.
- Ability to generate business leads de novo from personal contacts etc.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills. Ability to close business in a timely manner.
- Sound scientific background/qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic and flexible to respond in an evolving organization.
- IT and software literate with a strong analytical and problem-solving skillset.
- Ability to manage CRM database and be responsible for opportunity pipeline in the Sales territory.
- MSc in biological life sciences ideally with experience with complex cell-based models (with PhD/MBA preferable)
- 5+ years’ experience in high value consultative sales.
- Preferred requirements include a minimum of two years’ experience in a customer support role with direct client-facing interactions.
- Strong track record of developing a sales territory with a demonstrated impact on sales performance in the territory.
- Contacts within the fields of Complex Human Disease Modelling, Phenotypic Screening, ADME, Tox and Safety in Pharma and Biotech settings
CN Bio Innovations (CN Bio) is a modern life sciences company delivering human-focused research and discovery, enabled by a unique and proven Organ-on-a-Chip platform. We work at the interface of engineering and cell biology to develop human biomimetic platforms for the testing and development of therapeutics for serious human diseases. Using innovative technologies licenced from global leaders, the company is bringing its new Organs-on-a-Chip solutions to life sciences and laboratory instrumentation markets all around the world.
Apart from any that have already been appointed for this search, recruitment agencies are respectfully asked not to approach the company with candidates for this role.
Apply for role
Email anonymised CV with covering letter (i.e. removing name and gender to ensure fair selection) to:
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce.