Location: UK based
As a research assistant in the Biology team, the primary role will be to support R&D projects by completing experiments and analysis to a high standard. Key responsibilities will include:
- Cell line and primary cell culture – expanding cells and ensuring sufficient cell stocks are available.
- Preparing and maintaining organ-on-a-chip experiments using the CN Bio PhysioMimix system.
- Performing biological assays – including ELISAs, microscopy, DNA/RNA extractions and qPCR.
- Complete data analysis and produce reports to be used both internally and externally.
- Operating and maintaining standard laboratory equipment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Biology/Biological sciences/Biochemistry.
- Expertise in a broad array of relevant lab techniques (molecular biology, immunoassays, cell culture).
- MSc or equivalent in Biology, Bioengineering, Engineering or related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in life sciences (Biotech, Pharma, Medical Devices) with an understanding of the drug discovery process, and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in primary cell culture, ELISAs, qPCR and microscopy.
- Experience maintaining laboratory stocks and using inventory management systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Highly analytical, able to interpret complex sets of data with excellent attention to detail.
- Problem-solver, uses experience to identify problems and developing proposed solutions that minimise risk and ensure delivery.
- High standard of computer literacy, particularly relating to Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with specific research tools such as Image J and GraphPad Prism.
Capabilities and Behaviours:
- Self-motivated, confident, reliable, open-minded and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrates high level of regard for Health & Safety and compliance with defined procedures.
- A genuine team player, providing support to your colleagues with a proactive and friendly attitude, and able to work autonomously as required.
- Flexible and able to respond in a fast-evolving organisation.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK at time of application (visa or settlement scheme).
We are a close-knit team of passionate scientists, engineers and creative thinkers, all working together towards our shared goal – a future where drugs are discovered more quickly, brought to patients more cost-effectively and through the use of less animal experimentation.
Day to day our cohesive teams design, manufacture, promote and support organ-on-a-chip solutions that enable our customers to do something incredible – recreate three-dimensional human organs and tissues in the laboratory to better understand human physiology, disease and the effectiveness of new drugs.
If you are thinking of joining us, our values define who we are, describe our culture and shape what we aspire to be. They can be found here https://cn-bio.com/careers/#values
Apart from agencies already appointed for this search, recruitment agencies are respectfully asked not to approach the company with candidates for this role.
Apply for role
Email anonymised CV with covering letter (i.e. removing name and gender to ensure fair selection) to:
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce.