Field Application Scientist
Location: UK based
About CN Bio
CN Bio Innovations is a leading Biotechnology Company that has developed disruptive single and multi-organ microphysiological systems (MPS) to improve the accuracy and efficiency of drug discovery. With more than a decade of research and development experience in multi-organ microphysiology, we aim to transform the way human-relevant pre-clinical data is generated through the development of the most complete model of the human ‘Body-on-a-chip’ in the laboratory.
Our mission is to be the world’s leading provider of organ-on-a-chip solutions which accurately predict human responses to medicines.
An exciting opportunity has risen for a Field Application Scientist (FAS) to join our company at our Head Offices in Cambridge, UK. We are looking for a sharp and dynamic scientist with strong analytical skills and cell culture expertise, who is driven by providing the best technical support to customers. The successful candidate will be responsible for the introduction of our technologies to new customers as part of our pre-sale strategy, onsite installation and customer training, the dissemination of technical product knowledge, the development of new applications related to 3D cell culture and complex in vitro models, as well as the positioning of our products versus those of competitors. This role also requires excellent time management, communication and relationship-building skills.
This role requires the candidate to be comfortable and effective working from a home-based office, but in commutable distance from our UK HQ in Cambridge (60% WFH and 40% office per week). Frequent domestic and international travel (50-75%), mostly via car and commercial aircraft, is required to visit clients, attend conferences, etc. Occasional lifting of office and/or laboratory equipment up to 25 kg may be required, following manual handling procedures.
Reporting to the Product Manager, your main duties would be to:
- Support the sales organisation by delivering pre-sales technical presentations to inform customers about the capabilities and benefits of our PhysioMimix™ OOC systems.
- Support the installation, updating and maintenance of CN Bio’s instruments, at the direction of the Product Manager.
- Provide in-person and remote training and application/technical support to customers and partner organisations.
- Work directly with our internal scientific team to generate service proposals for customers.
- Support Scientific Project Managers to present on PhysioMimix™ OOC systems and services to customers.
- Train customers on various assays and provide wet laboratory technical support, in person and remotely.
- Assist customers in designing and conducting experiments to initiate and validate the use of CN Bio instruments and products in their laboratories.
- Assess customer’s experimental needs and provide technical and applications assistance on an ongoing basis.
- Lead instrument demonstrations and customer engagement at company events, such as conferences, tradeshows, webinars, etc.
- Collaborate between Product Manager, other FAS, and technical teams.
- Maintain close relationships with FAS colleagues, promoting collaboration, sharing of best-practices, learning, and overall good communication.
- Predominantly European travel required for installations, training, conferences, trade shows, etc.
- Identify new applications for our products to assist marketing and scientific teams to lead the market.
- Work with customers and collaborators to generate data for marketing purposes.
- Build and nurture relationship with customers.
- Handle customer complaints by identifying issues and leading internal support taskforce to deliver fast and efficient solution to customers.
- Assist Product Manager and Product Development team to develop new applications and products by organising feedback on product issues, support issues, and application trends.
- Provide competitive product information to our Sales team.
Qualifications & Experience:
- MSc in biological Life Sciences
- 2+ years’ experience working in a life sciences laboratory setting (Biotech, Pharma ideally)
- Experience with cell culture
- PhD in Life Sciences
- Experience with cell culture, with a focus on 3D Cell culture
- Experience in a customer support role with direct client-facing interactions
- Clean Driving Licence
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Good time management.
- IT and software literate (Microsoft Office).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong scientific skills, e.g: designing experimental plans and troubleshooting.
- Team player with the ability to work alone.
- Good laboratory practices, cell culture knowledge and CL2 (BSL2) experience.
- 2nd European language
- Understanding of drug discovery research processes
- Hubspot or other CRM system
- Self-motivated, confident, reliable, open-minded and enthusiastic.
- Consultative communication style.
- Flexible and able to respond in a fast-evolving organisation.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK at time of application (visa or settlement scheme).
- Eligibility to participate in the discretionary company bonus scheme.
- Participation in the company pension scheme.
- Private Healthcare.
- Life Assurance.
- Income Protection.
Cambridge (UK) office / Home
Dependent on experience
Apart from agencies already appointed for this search, recruitment agencies are respectfully asked not to approach the company with candidates for this role.
Apply for role
Email anonymised CV with covering letter (i.e. removing name and gender to ensure fair selection) to:
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce.