Senior Field Application Specialist
Location: US based
About CN Bio
CN Bio Innovations is a leading Biotechnology Company that has developed disruptive single and multi-organ microphysiological systems (MPS) to improve the accuracy and efficiency of drug discovery. With more than a decade of research and development experience in multi-organ microphysiology, we aim to transform the way human-relevant pre-clinical data is generated through the development of the most complete model of the human ‘Body-on-a-chip’ in the laboratory.
Our mission is to be the world’s leading provider of organ-on-a-chip solutions which accurately predict human responses to medicines.
- Reports to Head of Sales, US
- At the direction of the Head of Sales US, the Senior Field Application Specialist supports installation, updating and maintenance of CN Bio’s instruments. Provides in person and remote training and application/technical support to US clients and partner organizations.
- Work directly with UK-based CN Bio scientific team to generate service proposals for US clients.
- Support UK-based CN Bio project managers to present on PMX-OOC platform & NASH/NAFLD/TOX/DMPK Services to US clients.
- Training clients on various assays and providing in person (and remote) wet laboratory technical support.
- Assist customers in designing and conducting experiments to initiate and validate the use of CN Bio instruments and products in their laboratories
- Assess customer experimental needs and provide technical and applications assistance on an ongoing basis
- Leading CN Bio instrument demonstrations and customer engagement at company events, such as conferences, tradeshows, webinars etc.
- Direct interaction with CN Bio Product Specialists, Technical Application Specialists, and Engineering teams.
- Maintain close relationship with colleagues, with the intent to promote collaboration, sharing of best-practices, learning, and overall communication.
- Travel required across North America to visit clients for installations, training, and for conferences, trade shows etc. Travel to UK for company meetings as required.
- This position requires the candidate to be comfortable with and effective in working out of a home-based office. Frequent domestic and infrequent international travel (50-75%), mostly via car and commercial aircraft, is required to visit clients, conferences etc. Occasional lifting of office and/or laboratory equipment up to 50 lbs
Qualifications & Experience:
- MSc in biological life sciences (with PhD preferable.)
- 5+ years’ experience working in a life sciences laboratory setting (biotech, pharma)
- Preferred requirements include a minimum of two years’ experience in a customer support role with direct client-facing interactions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- IT and software literate
- Strong analytical skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Team player with the ability to work alone
- Sound scientific background/qualification in a relevant discipline
- Good laboratory practices and CL2 (BSL2) experience
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Consultative communication style
- Flexible and able to respond in an evolving organisation
- Cell culture experience and ideally 3D cell culture knowledge
- Confident and able to engage at C-suite level
Apply for role
Email anonymised CV with covering letter (i.e. removing name and gender to ensure fair selection) to:
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce.