Senior Technical Specialist
Location: North America
- Reports to Head of Sales, US
- At the direction of the Head of Sales US, the Senior Technical Specialist (STS) supports installation, updating and maintenance of CN Bio’s instruments. Provides in person and remote training and application/technical support to US clients and partner organizations.
- Work directly with UK-based CN Bio scientific team to generate service proposals for US clients.
- Support UK-based CN Bio project managers to present on PMX-OOC platform & NASH/NAFLD/TOX/DMPK Services to US clients.
- Training clients on various assays and providing in person (and remote) wet laboratory technical support.
- Assist customers in designing and conducting experiments to initiate and validate the use of CN Bio instruments and products in their laboratories
- Assess customer experimental needs and provide technical and applications assistance on an ongoing basis
- Leading CN Bio instrument demonstrations and customer engagement at company events, such as conferences, tradeshows, webinars etc.
- Direct interaction with CN Bio Product Specialists, Technical Application Specialists, and Engineering teams.
- Maintain close relationship with STS colleagues, with the intent to promote collaboration, sharing of best-practices, learning, and overall communication.
- Travel required across North America to visit clients for installations, training, and for conferences, trade shows etc. Travel to UK for company meetings as required.
- This position requires the candidate to be comfortable with and effective in working out of a home-based office. Frequent domestic and infrequent international travel (50-75%), mostly via car and commercial aircraft, is required to visit clients, conferences etc. Occasional lifting of office and/or laboratory equipment up to 50 lbs
Qualifications & Experience:
- MSc in biological life sciences (with PhD preferable.)
- 5+ years’ experience working in a life sciences laboratory setting (biotech, pharma)
- Preferred requirements include a minimum of two years’ experience in a customer support role with direct client-facing interactions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- IT and software literate
- Strong analytical skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Team player with the ability to work alone
- Sound scientific background/qualification in a relevant discipline
- Good laboratory practices and CL2 (BSL2) experience
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Consultative communication style
- Flexible and able to respond in an evolving organisation
- Cell culture experience and ideally 3D cell culture knowledge
- Confident and able to engage at C-suite level
About CN Bio
CN Bio is a leading bioengineering company specialising in single and multi-organ microphysiological systems and innovative lab technologies. We aim to provide systems that generate clinically translatable data that can enhance the development of tomorrow’s medicines.
As an EOE employer, CN Bio will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.