Assembly Technician, Consumables Products
Location: Within commute of Cambridge, UK
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing, the Assembly Technician will be required to undertake a broad range of activities to manufacture our range of consumables products. As the company scales up production, this role offers potential to someone who wants to develop their skill base and may lead to a supervisory role in the future for the right candidate.
Manufacturing & Distribution:
- Manufacturing – day to day construction of consumables products consistent with the company’s quality management requirements.
- Inventory Management – assist with maintaining records of stock movements.
- Product & Process Improvement – identify and communicate opportunities to improve quality of products and the efficiency / cost of manufacture.
- Logistics Support – support distribution of products to customers including preparation and process of necessary customs and distribution documentation.
- Purchasing – raise and process purchase orders where appropriate.
- Supplies – ensure adequate supplies maintained to support consumables production.
- Ensure all work undertaken is compliant with the company’s Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Ensure all work is documented to necessary standards, generating, and maintaining all necessary records.
- Ensure any build issues are recorded and actions executed / documented through their lifecycle.
Laboratories / Workshops:
- Maintain orderly and safe work environment.
- Keep plate building work areas clean and tidy.
Capabilities & Behaviours
- Confidently work under minimum supervision and use own initiative.
- Energetic and displays accuracy in their work.
- Good communication skills, engaging with engineering, design, manufacturing, quality, bioengineering and biological teams.
- Good interpersonal skills – team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- Flexible and reliable, with a willingness to help influence improvements.
- Aspirations to grow and develop in the role.
- Good general education, including qualifications in Maths and English.
- Some formal qualification in an engineering or technical discipline or relevant Apprenticeship qualification.
- In product assembly, manufacturing, and distribution/logistics.
- Laboratory instruments or medical devices preferred.
- Candidates from other industries should demonstrate comparable rigour and attention to detail in volume manufacture of precision equipment of similar complexity.
- Computing – strong computer competency (Excel and Word)
- ERP – experience of an ERP system (preferably Dynamics 365) within manufacturing and distribution desirable but not essential.
- Collaboration working – team planning, technical review, problem solving.
- Driving – current UK driving licence desirable but not essential.
CN Bio Innovations (CN Bio) is a modern life sciences company delivering human-focused research and discovery, enabled by a unique and proven Organ-on-a-Chip platform. We work at the interface of engineering and cell biology to develop human biomimetic platforms for the testing and development of therapeutics for serious human diseases. Using innovative technologies licenced from global leaders, the company is bringing its new Organs-on-a-Chip solutions to life sciences and laboratory instrumentation markets all around the world.
Contract type: Permanent or contract
Hours: Full time
Location: 332 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WN
Apart from agencies already appointed for this search, recruitment agencies are respectfully asked not to approach the company with candidates for this role.
Email anonymised CV and covering letter (i.e. removing name and gender, to ensure fair selection) to:
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce.