CN Bio Innovations is a biotech company focused on human organ-based drug discovery enabled by a unique and proven Organ-on-Chip platform, LiverChip. In the past three years the company has completed deals with 25 pharmaceutical companies using our Organ-on-Chip platforms to facilitate the study of drug efficacy, drug metabolism and toxicology. In 2012 the company was a successful co-recipient of a $26M US Federal contract to develop human multi-organ chips – so-called “Body-on-a-Chip” devices – in partnership with researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Working closely with academic pioneers in the bio-engineering field, CN Bio is developing next generation tissue and disease models which will improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world by fast tracking breakthrough therapies to market.
CN Bio is currently seeking a Market Development Director to join our growing team. The purpose of this role is to drive new sales growth by providing marketing qualified leads to the Sales team, and develop and lead targeted and effective marketing programmes in line with an agreed marketing strategy.
- Drive new sales activity through the development, management and provision of a pipeline of targeted MQLs to the Sales Team.
- Ensure that marketing strategies and tactics are delivered on time, have been prepared with the full input and feedback of subject matter experts and senior management.
- Establish in-depth understanding of the market by undertaking customer and market research, and using robust data/research to target marketing activities and create MQLs.
- Own the Company’s brand and work with senior management to ensure its continued development throughout all marketing and advertising activity. Ensure all external communications confirm to the brand standards and are fit for purpose.
- Establish standards by which all marketing communications are prepared. Develop a library of materials/content, eg. case studies, metrics and core presentations, which must be regularly reviewed and updated, for use by the Company.
- Develop and own the marketing budget, ensuring that it accounts for all planned marketing spend / activities, and that these are in line with the marketing strategy and plans. Ensure adherence to the budget, and that expenditure gives the best possible return on investment.
- Work closely with the CEO and other members of the leadership team, consulting with them on marketing and commercial activities, involving them in the process where their input and contribution will enable success, and supporting sales activities
- Contribute to wider organisational and strategic discussions
- As a member of the leadership team, act as a role model by adhering to CN Bio’s working practices and values
Education and Experience required
- Business or marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualification. Membership of the CIM.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific/technical field essential; MSc or PhD would be advantageous
- Experience of the full range of marketing activities is essential, including managing the delivery of marketing strategies, developing and delivering marketing plans, undertaking customer and market research, digital marketing, proven delivery of tactical campaigns.
- Experience of leading a marketing team or function or responsibility for the marketing of a single product or range of products is essential, and working within a best-practice marketing environment, and both large-company and SME background would be highly valuable.
- Experience of direct selling or sales support would be advantageous, as would experience of selling or marketing high value laboratory equipment.
- Experience of working in a small team or as a single contributor.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
Skills and personal attributes
- Demonstrable ability to develop and lead successful tactical marketing campaigns
- Able to think creatively/outside the box
- Good understanding of the drug research and clinical development and commercialisation process, including clinical and regulatory requirements, commercial operations and intellectual property laws
- Numerate and commercially-minded; experienced in forecasting, managing budgets and reporting
- Highly consultative and collaborative, not ego-driven, comfortable sharing ownership and working as part of a team
- Thorough and detail-conscious – creates plans, manages own delivery and maintains accurate and timely records
- Hands-on and action-oriented
- Credible and influential – able to persuade and lead others where necessary and contribute effectively in leadership, commercial meetings and strategy discussions
- Exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to deliver thoughtful interpretations of highly scientific or technical information, and practical recommendations
- Analytical and objective – able to identify key messages from scientific or technical information, and critically assess the pros and cons of any recommended actions
- Resilience and drive – able to excel in a fast-paced, competitive environment with rigorous timelines
Salary: Dependant on experience
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full time (9am to 5.30pm)
Closing Date for applications: 6 April 2018
Applications should include a CV and brief covering letter.
Tel: 01707 358 739
Address: CN Bio Innovations Ltd, Broadwater Road, BioPark, Welwyn Garden City, Herts AL7 3AX
We respect and appreciate the value that can be provided by good recruitment specialists.
When our company needs to use the services of recruitment agencies to fill vacancies for permanent or contract roles, we work only with companies with whom we have established a long term contractual relationship based on prior supplier selection and approval. For this reason, we do not accept any unsolicited approaches by other recruitment agencies.
If CVs of prospective candidates are sent to us that we have not requested, we will not accept or consider ourselves to be bound by any Terms and Conditions that accompany them. Moreover, if we are able to identify and contact such candidates using the information provided, or by other means, the company shall consider itself free to approach them directly and, if suitable, to ultimately appoint them with no fees payable to the agency that provided the unsolicited details.
We understand that recruitment agencies may wish to be considered for inclusion on the company's Preferred Supplier List. Once again, we do not accept speculative approaches for such purposes. Consideration for inclusion shall be strictly by invitation only.
- Press releases
- 14 March 2018
- CN Bio and MIT announce 10 Organ-On-Chip Platform: Nature Scientific Reports
- 2 March 2018
- CN Bio MicroMix to be featured at AACR